TGIF, am I right? This week's "Worth the Buzz?" question comes from many of you, looking for unique effective DIY skincare recipes. So, herein lies our Happy Friday present to you, loyal readers: indulge in these simple but effective face masks to clear your face, hydrate your skin, and fight aging culprits.
GREEN TEA | RICE FLOUR | HONEY | TRUE MORINGA OIL
Makes 1 Mask
1. Brew yourself a cup of green tea to enjoy while waiting for the mask to dry. Take the tea bag and cut it open and use a spoon to scoop out all of the tea into a small bowl. Add in 3 tbsp of green tea liquid.
2. Add 3 tbsp rice flour. Due to its exfoliating properties, rice flour is an awesome natural ingredient that treats blemishes and dark spots and absorbs excess oil and sebum.
3. To finish off our mask, add 1 tsp of honey and 4 drops of our True Moringa Oil. Honey not only opens up the pores to help rid the skin of impurities but it also is naturally antibacterial which is great for acne treatment and prevention. Finally, the addition of our True Moringa Oil helps nourish the skin with important omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and give the skin a healthy glow.
HYDRATION REJUVENATION MASK:
AVOCADO | EGG WHITE | TRUE MORINGA OIL
Makes 1 Mask
1. You’ll only need half an avocado for this recipe so make sure to save the other half and make some delicious guac later! Avocado is great because it’s loaded with vitamin E, healthy fats, and antioxidants that hydrate the skin. Take half the avocado and mash it in a small bowl.
2. Crack an egg and separate the yolk from the whites. For this mask, we want to use the egg whites because they contain two awesome skin care ingredients: collagen and protein. Their properties help the skin improve and maintain elasticity.
3. Finally, add 4 drops of our True Moringa Oil to deeply penetrate and moisturize the skin. If you have aloe vera on hand, after you wash the mask off, finish off the treatment by mixing a little bit of aloe vera and water together and gently rub onto your face.
GROUND FLAXSEED | GREEK YOGURT | TRUE MORINGA OIL
Makes 1 Mask
1. For this anti-aging mask specifically made with the idea of capturing culprits of aging, we use 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed In addition to bringing essential fats, flaxseeds are naturally great exfoliators that remove impurities from the skin.
2. Combine flax seed with 3 tbsp of Greek yogurt. Yogurt contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties to prevent blemishes and black spots. The lactic acid will also naturally peel away dead skin cells and tighten pores.
3. Add in 4 drops of True Moringa Oil for a boost in antioxidants that fight off free radicals from damaging skin cells and causing fine lines and enlarged pores.
Learn more about moringa oil here and write us with your favorite moringa-powered DIYs at email@example.com