· By Kylee Mansfield
Our Favorite DIYs with Moringa Oil: Eyelash Strengthening Serum, Lip Balm, Exfoliating Scrub & More!
One thing we love about moringa oil - it's the ultimate multitasker! It's packed with nutrients and fatty acids to nourish and protect on its own, but it's also perfect for formulating with other ingredients. In cosmetic formulation jargon, moringa oil has a high 'slip' and a low 'spread,' meaning it lubricates and stays where you want it. Rich in behenic, linoleic, and oleic acid, it penetrates deep into to skin and keeps it moisturized long after application.
tl;dr - moringa oil is a skincare formulator's dream, and the perfect ingredient to add to your DIY recipes. Here are a few of our favorites!
All-Purpose Exfoliation Scrub
- Mix ratio - 1 Organic Cane Sugar : 1 Moringa Oil : 1 Coconut Oil
- Combine ingredients and apply to targeted area in a circular motion
- Retail Price: ~$35 Homemade Price: ~$15
Eyelash Strengthening Serum
- Mix - 1 tsp castor oil and 1 tsp moringa oil
- Combine oils. Using fingertips, gently massage small amounts of the oil blend to base of eyelashes until covered including the tips.
- Retail Price: ~$50 Homemade Price: ~$8
- Mix - 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp Beeswax, 1 tbsp Shea Butter, 10 drops of Moringa Oil
- Combine ingredients and melt in small container over low heat. Stir heated ingredients and pour into container. Allow mixture to cool for several hours until hardened. To customize the lip balm, try adding drops of various essential oils for scents
- Retail Price: ~$12 Homemade Price: ~$4
Moisturizing Skin Toner
- Mix - 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, 2 tsp Moringa Oil, 1 cup Witch Hazel
- Combine ingredients and store in sterile bottle. Apply to face morning and night to tone and moisturize skin.
- Retail Price: $35 Homemade Price: ~$7